Now in its third edition and organised by the European Commission, the Annual Convention for Inclusive Growth (ACIG) is an action-oriented platform bringing together civil society organisations and policymakers to discuss how to achieve truly inclusive growth. In 2018, the ACIG will take place on 27 April 2018. The Social Employers will attend to make sure the voice of social services employers' is represented during this crucial event.
The European Pillar of Social Rights: on the road to implementation
This year, the one-day event will focus on the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights. It established a series of principles and rights to improve people's lives, and all actors now have a joint responsibility to deliver. The plenary debate and the workshops will tackle specific issues and lead to conclusions and policy recommendations pointing to concrete ways forward.
You can find all information on the event here.
Interactive workshops for audience engagement
Six morning workshops will look at the solutions and tools that exist to implement the Pillar at all levels and by all actors:
- Funding the European Pillar of Social Rights
- Sustainable Development Goals: what role for an inclusive European Pillar of Social Rights?
- The European Semester: an instrument to implement the European Pillar of Social Rights.
- Adult learning and skills: a building block of the European Pillar of Social Rights
- Role of social services: new forms of work, new challenges
- Social economy and social enterprises: a boost for the implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights?
Side events will give participants the chance to share their experiences and ideas in the afternoon while a ‘speed-dating’ session will boost the exchange of concrete best practices on how to turn the Pillar into a reality.
The Convention will be opened by Marianne Thyssen, the Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility.
For any questions about the Convention, please write to the organisers.
And follow the topic via Twitter with the hashtag #ACIG2018.