As another year comes to an end, we wanted to take a moment to wish you a merry Christmas, a happy 2020 and to highlight the positive developments made during 2019 to improve the social services sector.
- PESSIS+ final Conference, where EPSU and the Social Employers addressed a joint letter to the EU Commission to reaffirm their willingness to further engage and promote an effective EU-level social dialogue for the social services sector;
- Thematic Seminar on Recruitment and Retention in Social Services: Improving the sector’s attractiveness, in the framework of the PESSIS+ Project;
- Thematic Seminar on Socially responsible Public Procurement for Social Services, in the framework of the DialogueS Project;
- Several national events and meetings on social dialogue:
- Participation as speakers in different European Events:
-The Annual Convention for Inclusive Growth, organised by the EU Commission
-EASPD Conference: “Staff Matters! Disability Workforce of Tomorrow”
-European Institute for Gender Equality event
- Position Papers:
-Joint position paper together with EPSU on Digitalisation in the Social Services Sector;
-Position paper on Employment, recruitment and retention in European social services. (a joint position paper with EPSU is under finalisation)
- Development of positions to answer to public consultations made by the European Commission:
-European Social Fund (ESF)
-European Disability Strategy
The Social Employers secretariat would like to thank all its members and partners for their cooperation during this year. In 2020, we will continue to represent the voice of employers in the field of social services at European level.
We look forward to working together to achieve our objectives to strengthen the position of employers in social services at European and national level; to influence European legislation, in particular through European social dialogue structures and to ensure quality service provision and jobs.
We wish you wonderful holidays and a happy New Year!