Call for Tender
The Federation of European Social Employers is looking for a researcher/research team to produce a study on the impact and consequences of the Covid-19 pandemic in the social services sector, and the role of social partners and social dialogue in managing the crisis. The research will be contracted in the framework of FORESEE (VS/2021/0054), a project that aims to build capacity for effective social dialogue structures in the social services sector at national and European level. The project is co-funded by the European Commission, DG EMPL.
The research should examine the following main topics (non-exhaustive list):
- Literature review (pointing to relevant studies and identifying gaps)
- Adaptations of working conditions and their impact on the workforce:
- Implications for occupational safety and health
- Psychosocial risks and stress
- Impact on time schedules
- Users/staff ratios, impact of staffing levels on resilience of services and the sector
- New ways of service delivery (remote work, etc.)
- Community-based care during COVID-19, impact in the short and long run
- Impact of Covid-19 on recruitment and retention (covering past, present and future
- Recruitment difficulties linked to the crisis, also covering cross-border workers
- Retention difficulties linked to the crisis
- Absence and illness of staff
- Impact of the pandemic on the sector’s image and attractiveness
- Actions and measures taken in the context of social dialogue/by social partners:
- EU / national / regional / company level actions in addressing the pandemic
- Topics addressed through Social Dialogue
- Key learnings and innovative practices to be carried forward:
- Changes in working conditions that may stay
- Innovations in the way services are delivered
- New skills and trainings
- Better anticipation of/preparedness for future health crises
The applicant(s) should submit the following documents:
- A motivation letter describing their expertise and explaining why they are the right candidate(s) for the assignment (not more than 1 page).
- A technical proposal explaining how they plan to conduct the research, including a review of what has already been done, a proposed methodology, a work plan, resources needed, budget, etc. (not more than 2-3 pages).
- A CV, including the list of published articles, reports, studies, if relevant.
Deadline for application: 09/04/2021 23:59 CET
Response to application: 16/04/2021