The Social Employers presents its Annual Activity Report 2020, highlighting the main activities and achievements of the last year.
In 2020, the Social Employers’ work focused on the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the social services sector and its workforce, and on safe and healthy workplaces. The Social Employers also continued its capacity building work for social dialogue in social services at European and national level.
Due to COVID-19, the Social Employers activities and priorities had a special focus on the consequences of the pandemic for the sector and on how to address the challenges to ensure safe and healthy workplaces, as well as the continuity of the services provision.
The Social Employers main achievements and activities in 2020:
- 3 New members, having by the end of the year 28 members from 17 European countries; CDI (North Macedonia), FEACEM (Spain) and EAN (European ageing network).
- Organisation of and contribution to a total of 10 European events and meetings.
- A total of 7 national events across Europe, in Greece, Portugal, Romania and Bulgaria.
- 4 joint written outcomes with EPSU, one Joint Position Paper on Recruitment and Retention and 3 joint outcomes to address COVID-19 impact, consequences and challenges in the social services sector.
- 6 Governance meetings.
- 3 running projects: DialogueS, DDSkills and SOWELL.
- 4 published reports, one report on developing Social Dialogue in Social Services for a strong social Europe and 3 National reports on workforce and social dialogue in the social services sector in Greece, Romania and Bulgaria.
- Several initiatives to address the COVID-19 impact and consequences, such as webinars, joint outcomes with EPSU and communication activities.
- Increase the visibility of the Federation through its Twitter, website and 14 newsletters and press releases.
Access the full Annual Activity Report 2020.
Access our factsheet.