The DDSkills project aims to develop training courses to enhance digital competences of professional caregivers, so they can make better use of new technologies, and support persons with disabilities & their families in the use of those technologies.
1 January 2020 – June 2023
Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union
Coordinator To Ergastiri
- Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences (Frankfurt UAS)
- The National University of Ireland (NUI) Galway
- The Federation of European Social Employers
- European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD)
- Jaunuoliu dienos centras (JDC)
- The Cyprus Certification Company (CCC)
- M.M.C Management Center Ltd
- Tandem Societa Cooperativa Sociale Integrata
- Omega Technology (THEOFANIS ALEXANDRIDIS KAI SIA EE)
- SenseWorks LTD
- Fondazione Santa Lucia
Access the project website here.
The project will identify and evaluate existing courses for digital skill of professional caregivers and map current gaps and needs in training. This is followed by curriculum planning and courses development, in accordance with ECVET (the European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training) points and EQF level 5 (The European Qualifications Framework). Digital toolkits consisting of several digital devices are developed for the training courses.
For the validation of the curricula and training materials, national training pilots will be implemented in 6 countries (Greece, Germany, Ireland, Lithuania, Italy and Cyprus), targeting different care professionals.
The curriculum will cover the following technological areas:
- Assistive Technologies and Aids
- Robotic devices
- Smart Home technology
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality
- Brain Computer Interfaces
- Green ICT
The Social Employers are mainly involved in dissemination and exploitation activities of the project.
information, please contact:
Project & Policy Officer